Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by FRAN: Brave New Girl!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

POST by FRAN: Brave New Girl!

Lorenzy, Grandad, Francesca, in Rochester, NY

Traveling is a lot of fun, but it can also be really scary, especially when you’re flying with just your 13 year old sister, by yourself. First time being in charge of passports, first time going through security by myself, with my passport in my bag instead of it being in Dad’s bag along with everybody else’s passports.

Well my sister and I flew from Baltimore to Buffalo with Southwest Airlines a while ago, and that was probably the scariest thing I have ever done. As we lined up to cheek in our bags, Dad was scaring me more and more every second. He made me check in our bags and he made me do all the talking and he made me take charge!

My sister was acting calm and I was trying not to get confused. I guess I had to be the responsible one, so that meant I couldn’t freak out! Otherwise we both would have freaked out!

We went through security and I started to panic as I couldn’t see my little brother or Dad anymore… All that was going through my head was “Oh My Gosh!!!! I don’t know where to go!!! I need to PEEE!!!! CALM DOWN!!!!”

I calmed myself down and Lorenzy asked me “can we go to the bathroom? I think this is the wrong way any way.” We went to the bathroom and I went into one of the stalls… “Oh… where should I put the passports?!” I didn’t even put them in my bag… I told myself “there’s a bathroom on the plane!”

I waited for Lorenzy to come out and we went to find our gate, it was really close to the bathroom! We sat down and I turned on my computer and began to work on my last Bible study for Teen Ranch, in Canada, where I was headed to.

Then I began to get excited thinking about seeing my two little cousins and my aunt and uncle and my Granddad! It wouldn’t be long before I’d be working at the Ranch for a couple of weeks, either.

A loud voice came on over the airport’s PA system, saying that we were going to start boarding soon, so I turned off my computer and got the passports ready. When the line had gone down a little we got up and walked over to the aerobridge entrance. We smiled and got onto the plane without any problems.

We went to the back so we wouldn’t have to sit next to any weirdoes. We got seated and everything, and then we were ready.  The flight was very short and we got there in no time… Southwest Airlines is my  favourite airline when efficiency and fun are high on my to-do-list!

we started to walk following signs to the baggage hall. We went through a smallish hallway and on the other side saw aunty Jamie and Granddad waiting for us! All my fears were gone when I saw them smiling and pointing to us, and waving at us!

We went to get our bags and then went to the car and drove to Rochester (New York), where we were going to be staying. We went to Aunty Jamie’s house and saw Tidgh and allegra, our adorable cousins.

Francesca with her adorable little cousin, Tadgh

We went out for dinner or lunch, not quite sure which one it was, but I know that the food was good! We had a load of fun and went to our good friends, the Seaburg’s. We would be staying at their house. I was only going to stay one night. Lorenzy is still there with them now, having a load of fun.

The next day I left for Canada with Granddad. I said my goodbyes to everyone and then hit the road… it took us 3 hours to get there, but we made it safely!

I just wanted to say Thank you to my Parents for letting me come here and for making this possible… I love you guys.

Fran, Mum (Elizabeth) and Renz in San Diego (A GORGEOUS city in Southern California)

Thank you Granddad for driving me here, it was a lot of fun spending time with you… I hope you made it back ok.

And thank you to the Stevens for adopting me as a new addition to your fun-loving family!

Lorenzy, Aunty Jaime & Francesca

To learn more about Franny, please visit our page, Our People 
If you would like to support the Brien family, please visit our support page and learn how you can be of help: Contemplating SUPPORTING something significant?

To learn more about the Australian Christian Churches, please CLICK HERE


To learn more about Capital on the Edge's home Church in Australia, please CLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. Francesca- you are such an incredible person and we love you so much. I am so impressed with how you step up and be responsible at the times needed..you are an awesome daughter, a terrific sister and a doting friend to all...we are thrilled you get to have this experience too and just know you are right where god wants you to be xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francesca- you are such an incredible person and we love you so much. I am so impressed with how you step up and be responsible at the times needed..you are an awesome daughter, a terrific sister and a doting friend to all...we are thrilled you get to have this experience too and just know you are right where god wants you to be xxx

    ReplyDelete