Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZ: My Birthday in BALTIMORE!!!

Friday, May 3, 2013

POST by RENZ: My Birthday in BALTIMORE!!!



Lorenzy  with Jonny & Franny

Today is my birthday! I am now thirteen. Right now, I am in Washington DC with my dad, my sister, Francesca, and my brother, Rafael. My mum and my other brother, Sezni went back to Nicaragua. 

Lorenzy & Rafael, GREAT friends...


Sezni and I have our Birthdays really close. His birthday is the second of May and mine is the third.



We are staying with a man and his son in their basement until Tuesday. The day before yesterday, I spent most of my time in the basement on the couch, sleeping.


Franny, Mummy (Lizzie) & Lorenzy

My dad was talking to the man and his girlfriend about what we do and what to expect since they are going to Nicaragua on a missions trip.



Then my dad said about my birthday. However, he was so jetlagged that he got the days all mixed up and said “Her (Lorenzy’s) birthday is tomorrow.” Then they started asking things such as what kind of cake does she like? What kind of food does she like? He said that I like cheese cake (my dad LOVES cheese cake) and he said that I like all kinds of foods… I was not with them in that conversation so I could not correct him. 

Lorenzy on outreach to El Salvador

 The next day, right when I was going upstairs to brush my teeth, my dad said to me, “So last night I forgot that your birthday was tomorrow, so I accidently told them that your birthday is today. When they say happy birthday could you do me a favour and just go along with it? Like, act all excited?” I didn’t really care so I just said “sure” and went upstairs.



When I went upstairs, the man straight away said happy birthday just as my dad had said he would. I acted all excited and then went to the bathroom as my dad came up to join us.



At night, I was still downstairs on the couch sleeping and everyone else was upstairs. My dad came down to get me and so I had a shower and then we ate. After we ate, they brought out the cheese cake. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. When they opened the cake they handed it over to me.



They were about to start singing when my dad said “We don’t have to sing” So they did not sing. Whilst eating the cake, the man’s girlfriend said to me “I’m so glad you love cheese cake!” and then she went back to eating. I looked at my dad like “What?!” He just smiled an awkward smile at me and then kept on talking.


Lorenzy with GOOD FRIENDS in Nicaragua

Everyone was still talking and laughing. I guess my dad thought that the mood was right and so he said to everyone at the table “Well… I have a confession to make. Lorenzy’s birthday is really tomorrow. I told her to pretend that it was today. Because when I told you guys I accidently got the dates mixed up and you’ve gone to so much trouble to make this day special for her. I am so sorry.” They said that it was ok and we all started talking again like normal.



Today is my birthday and I am again on the couch in the basement but the thing that is different today is that I have to do school work. (doesn’t she just RADIATE SUNSHINE???)



Ten things I want/am going to do to this year:

1.       Go to new York

2.       See my family

3.       See my friends

4.       Study

5.       Go back to Nicaragua

6.       Practice piano

7.       Serve God

8.       Be in the play Created and go on tour

9.       Be away from Nicaragua for most of the year

10.     Be away from family for some of the year

Lorenzy, part of the core of our team...
      To learn more about Lorenzy, please visit our page, Our People




If you would like to send Lorenzy a small donation for her birthday present, so that she can buy some new clothes, please visit our support page and learn how you can send funds: Contemplating SUPPORTING something significant?
To learn more about the Australian Christian Churches, please CLICK HERE

To learn more about Capital on the Edge's home Church in Australia, please CLICK


No comments:

Post a Comment