Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZ: Cooking up a STORM!!!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

POST by RENZ: Cooking up a STORM!!!


Lorenzy with her cute little cousins in Rochester, New York

Right now, I am in Rochester, New York. I am staying with some friends of mine and my family’s, the Seaburgs. I am also here to visit my uncle, aunt, and their kids. I love being here. The people are really nice.

Sometimes when I go places like church, or to someone’s house with the Seaburgs or my uncle or aunt, I almost always have somebody say “LORENZY!!! How are you? I haven’t seen you for so long! I think the last time I saw you was when you were like two years old!” And most of the time I’m thinking in my head “I have no idea who you are but I’ll just act like I know you.” So I’m like “Ohh yeah.. Hey… What’s up?” It is horrible. However, sometimes the people start out saying “You probably don’t remember me…” and that doesn’t make me feel so guilty.

About a week after staying in the Seaburg’s new house, Josiah (the Seaburg’s oldest child) and I decided to make cookies. But not just any type of cookies, chocolate chip cookies.

We had so much fun making them. Izzy (the youngest child of the Seaburg family) helped us by pouring the ingredients into a huge clear bowl that we were using. She accidently dropped some of the brown sugar on the floor but no one seemed to notice much.

I mixed the ingredients together and Josiah did pretty much everything else. Once the cookie dough was all done, Cora and Aidan  (Their other kids) came over to us and asked us if they could have some cookie dough. We obviously said “no” since we made the cookie dough and also we are just really mean!

One of the best parts was next. We got to grab the gooey yellowish coloured dough and shape it into not so perfect circles. We watched T.V. whist we waited and when the house started smelling of wonderfully baked cookies, we took them out and set them on a tray to cool and put some more on trays to go into the oven.

We did that about three times until they were all done. Then, Jenny told Cora and Izzy to go and take some cookies to the neighbors. After the cookies had been delivered to some of their new neighbors, we got to have a few cookies each. Only a few of the cookies that we made were burnt, besides that they were absolutely PERFECT!

About two days later, we decided to make more cookies since the ones we had made before were so good. We did the exact same things as before so that they would be as awesome as the last time.

However, Izzy did not help us this time. At the end, after we had made a bunch of normal sized cookies, Josiah and I decided to make one big cookie. We did not have too much dough left over but it was bigger and fatter than all the other cookies. When it was done we split it between ourselves (Josiah and I).

Lorenzy with the Seaburg kids, Josiah & Izzy - Renzy is having the time of her life!


To learn more about Renzy, please visit our page, Our People
If you would like to support the Brien family, please visit our support page and learn how you can be of help: Contemplating SUPPORTING something significant?
To learn more about the Australian Christian Churches, please CLICK HERE
To learn more about Capital on the Edge's home Church in Australia, please CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment