Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by FRAN: All in a Day's Work

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

POST by FRAN: All in a Day's Work


My eyes opened. I usually wake up at 6:30 but I don’t have my alarm clock any more. I sat up slowly in the dark and just sat for a few seconds, and then walked to my sinkless bathroom (it is sinkless because a little birdie leaned on the sink that wasn’t attached to the wall and CRASH! The sink fell over and shattered into millions of pieces! Water was squirting EVERYWHERE but that’s not the topic I want to tell today). The bathroom door made a noise when I shut it and immediately as I turned around - BOOOM!! A bomb had dropped somewhere... but where?
“I’m UP!” said Lorenzy startled.
“What was that?” I asked her.
“Maybe the stove blew up again” she replied.

I quickly dressed and went outside, “Did the stove blow up again?” I asked nobody in particular. “Yeah, someone turned on the gas and left it without turning it off,” was the reply.
 Yader added “And I went to cook some eggs for breakfast. When I turned on the stove BOOOM the whole stove jumped up and fell on my flip flop and pushed me back!”
This is the second time that this has happened, but this time the impact was really strong, I was even pushed in my bathroom by the force.

Billy & Francesca dancing
What a morning! It was only 8:00 am! My typical Tuesday! I translated for the morning meeting/devotions. At 8:30 I usually drive the horse and cart to pick up the kids that live farther away, but today Lorenzy, my sister, went with Yader, and I made two pancakes and ate them one by one.

8:45 I put on a load of washing and went inside to start my maths lesson, but got stopped at the door by Yader, “Fran help us with the play for today’s chapel! You’re going to be Jesus walking through a city and ten sick men will come to you and bla bla bla bla” I didn’t get to finish my math... I didn’t even start!

9:00 I hung out more washing and scrubbed some shoes and planned on starting my math right after washing. I heard my name “FRAN! I NEED YOU!” it was the dancing Yader, “Help me teach these kids how to dance!” I danced from side to side, to Bachata, for half an hour.

9:30 “Tricking class” shouted mum, I practiced my front flip for half an hour and I landed on my feet correctly only once, out of the twenty times that I did it.

Fran doing a flip

10:00 I went and took a shower and used a lot of shampoo and conditioner, but I didn’t wash my face. After the shower I brushed my teeth with Colgate toothpaste, and then began to brush my hair with a pink and silver hairbrush, but it broke, so I had to use Lorenzy’s purple hairbrush instead.

10:20 I went to the lavandero (outside laundry) and hung out the wet clothes from the washing machine and put another load on. “BLA BLA” “Who is talking to me? wow! I’m talking to my self!”
10:40 I went to my room and finally started my maths lesson, lesson 13 and lesson 12 corrections. I managed to get through the corrections and three brand new problems but then Dad connected the microphone.

11:00 “CAPILLA... IT’S CHAPEL TIME!!!” Time for the play where I’m Jesus. I went outside and sat down, Dad started singing with the teenage boys, “ Let your light, shine upon us...” After the song, Yader grabbed the microphone and began the story “Bla bla bla Jesus said”
That was my cue, “Go to teachers and show yourself to them...” After chapel I had a Job interview.

11:30 JOB INTERVIEW at an Italian pizza restaurant: The boss was nice, her husband and her had visited Australia 10 years ago. They said that I could work in the new cafe that they were opening in December.

12:00 Came back happy and confused ‘Did they like me or not?’ I came home and grabbed a bowl of gallo pinto (rice and beans) and put it in the microwave. Then I went out to the horse and cart to go leave the kids at their house. Today there were only four kids to drop off, and they all lived in the same area so the run was very fast.

12:08 Yader, Lorenzy and I saw Marcelo, a friend from church, on the way home. We said a few things and then said our good-byes.

Raf, Brian, Jed & Gabriel singing in Chapel
12:15 I came home and ate the Gallo Pinto I had saved for myself (with cheese - yum!).

12:30 I went to my room to finish my math, but I read a book instead.

01:00 “Fran can you be my camera man for ten minutes?” “sure thing, Mum” I got in the car with Mum and we went to Moises’s (a boy who comes to the school) house to give his Mum a gift, a neb-u-lizer. When we got there we found out that they had gone out. So we went back home with the neb-u-lizer.

01:10 “Fran lets go to the gym!”
 “I can’t, I have to translate for my Mum...”
 “Liz, we will be back at 3:00”

01:30 I brushed my teeth and put on my shoes after watching the kids play ‘Super Smash Bros’ on the wii. Mum and I left the house to go meet with the man who is helping us with our cedulas. When we get there we realised that the meeting was actually at 10:00 a.m.

01:45 Mum and I started walking home and got a chocolate Rasbados Lolly, which is ice with flavor.

02:45 Mum and I reached home and relaxed.

03:30 Dad arrived home from the gym with the boys and groceries.

04:00 I hopped on the computer because there was finally Internet and caught up with my friends on facebook. My day pretty much ends there, because we usually eat and occasionally watch a movie or go to Barrio Loco.

So now you sort of know what I do every day, but now you have to come live it. Interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment