Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by SOPHIA: My Life

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

POST by SOPHIA: My Life

When I’m alone with Him, in my mind he takes me to a path in the woods that he’s leading me on.

Doing what we're doing, we come across a LOT of broken lives, and people desperate for answers. To date, I haven't been as moved by anyone's story, in the way that I've been moved by the life of Sophia. This young lass, is beautiful and talented, smart and driven, yet she has been used, abused, rejected, despised, and now works with everything she's got to get her life on track for the promise of glory.

I have met Sophia's parents, who are just human like the rest of us. They've done a magnificent job at raising their kids, with compassion and love, and yet, like other parents, they’re not supernatural beings and can only be in one place at one time. Unfortunately, their baby girl was deeply broken, and nothing that they could do would mend the heart of their daughter, which lay in tatters.

But, there is hope. Jesus Christ came for the lost. He came for the sinner. He came for the broken. He alone knows the pain and suffering of all humanity. He took it with him to the cross. And so I’d like to allow Sophia the opportunity of sharing with you her story. She’s a brave girl and I’m mightily proud of her:

Everyone goes through hard times in life, some worse than others. But it’s who you depend on and how you get through it that makes you who you are. I've been through a lot in my life, but instead of leaning on God, I just wanted people to pity me.

When I was ten, my best friend at the time told me every detail of how her dad had often sexually abused her and what he had done to her. I remember everything she told me, but because she told me when I was so young, I blocked out all memories of my childhood to protect myself. I don't have any memories of anything until about the age of 13, and even then I only have bad memories.

I am the 5th child of 8 in my family. I was homeschooled ‘til 9th grade and in 10th grade I started getting into drinking, drugs, boys and sex, and everything bad. I thought that the only way to be happy was to do all of these things.

Well, surprise, surprise, I was wrong. Guys and drugs only hurt me. I have had my heart broken in so many ways. Guys would tell me they love me and they don't want anyone else, and that I am so beautiful and special. Yet after they gotten what they’d wanted, they would tell me it was all a lie and that I am actually trash.

I tried to kill myself many times and I used to cut myself every day for many months. All I could think was I just wanted to get away from the hurt and the pain. Yet, I continued to run after guys and drugs.

Twice I thought I was pregnant and I would worry about what I’d tell my parents and what I’d do with a kid at 17. But lucky for me, I was not pregnant and God helped me through it.

Now, for the last four weeks or so I’ve been reading my Bible and talking to God. When I’m alone with Him, in my mind he takes me to a path in the woods that he’s leading me on.

I often feel really alone and sad. I cry myself to sleep because I wish I could remember my past... but then I remember that God is always there, even when no one else is.


A couple of weeks ago I met all of these wonderful, handsome, nice, crazy Nicaraguan boys who got me to think in a whole new way. They have been through hell and back and they still dance and sing for God with smiles on their faces. If they can be happy then I think I can too.

Sophia & Cecilia (Sophia's younger sister)

No comments:

Post a Comment