Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZY: Mouse Management

Sunday, January 8, 2012

POST by RENZY: Mouse Management

As you know there are mice everywhere. The mice here in Cedro Galan are medium size, well at my house anyway. One time we saw a mouse run across the floor whilst Fran, my parents and of course I, were watching a movie. Fran sort of saw it, I really saw it, Mum didn’t see a thing, and my dad said “Did you just see that? Was that a mouse?!” 

Mum was sort of asleep so she did not see a thing but she was hoping it was not a mouse because then she would get mad and yell at everyone for acting like pigs and she was too tired to do that. Fran said that she sort of saw it, and I was like “It was a mouse! That is weird… maybe we should get mice traps.”

So, now we have mice traps but we only have them inside. Outside does not really matter because it is outside, but if mice are outside and they come in then that is not a pretty sight. Even if my mum sees one outside she will yell “Kill it! Kill it before it gets inside!” I know she will say that because of the story I am about to tell you.

The other day we had some people from our church and Grace, one of my friends, come over to our house just to swim and hang-out. We were sitting around by the water tower (where we get our water from). There are two benches by the water tower but it is fun to sit on the water tower.

Our church friends were sitting on the benches and Grace and I were sitting on the bars of the water tower. We were talking and laughing having fun when Grace said to me “Hey Lorenzy, look at that. It looks like a mouse.” And then she pointed at a little, fat mouse. It was in the dark but we had a flash light so we could see it.

Then we decided to try and catch it, but it kept on scurrying across the wire fence on the top of the walls. Then the church people started to get curios about what we were doing. So they decided to ask Fran to ask us what we were doing.

So Fran says to us “What are you guys doing?” we reply by saying “There is a mouse and we are trying to catch it. Can you please pass us that stick over there?” Fran then translated and told them what we were doing. They thought it must be fun so they started to help us.

I think we were doing a good job before they helped us but, they were the ones that got it onto the floor. They start hitting it and stepping on it. Then my mum went out to give the guard his gear, torch and a gun, when she saw all the flash lights and all the movement, so she came over to see what we were doing.

When she saw the mouse it was so tired that it was not moving, so when she saw it she thought it was dead.  She looked at it and said “Wait here and make sure that the dogs do not eat it. I am going to get my camera and take a picture of it.” When she came back it started moving again and she said “It’s alive? Kill it! Kill it before it gets into the house!” and then she took a photo and ran off.

Then everyone had to go home so we said our goodbyes, they went home and we went inside. When I got into my bed later on I was thinking about what a weird day I had been through. And now it was finished. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah Liz, I can just see this. Great job telling the story Renz! I am cracking up here! God love.
    Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really well written Renz, can imagine it, you write like your mum which may or may not be a compliment depending how you view it. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete