Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZ: Carving Up the Surf

Saturday, July 13, 2013

POST by RENZ: Carving Up the Surf

Lorenzy with her Nica brothers, Mayron & Leiki

Right now, as many of you know, we are in Minnesota. Here it is very pretty. They have a lot of lakes, and I mean a lot. We have been staying at a girl’s house. She lived with us for six months in Nicaragua and her name is Anna.

Anna’s parents live on a lake and have a really cool place. Her dad has a boat that he uses for his youth like to go tubing or other things on the lake. After being with her and her family for a while, we traveled about three hours away to some different people. My mum and I stayed in a different place to the boys, it was also on a lake. We spent two days on the lake, since we had nothing really going on.

The first day that we had free we were able to go on the tubes. The guys piled onto the boat and about four jumped into the green water and got onto the tubes. Since the boat had too much weight in it, some of us had to get off and wait until they came back.

Rafi, Erick and I got off and decided to wait. I read my book whilst I was waiting for my turn. Sometimes I would look out onto the lake and look at them speeding by on the boat until someone would fall off. It looked like so much fun and I could not wait for them to come back and get us so that it could be our turn for seaside silliness.

When they finally came back, they decided to take a 10 minute break because the boat was not being its normal self. When the ten minutes were up we got into the boat and instead of going on the tubes again, they decided to go onto the knee board.

One of the little boys went on first. It did not take him too long until he was up and gliding through the water. He made it look so easy and I thought in my head that it was going to be really hard for me.

One by one, we took turns going on the knee board and then it came to be my turn. I jumped into the water and swam over to the board. I lay down on my belly and waited for the triangle thing to come to me so I could grab a hold of it.

Once I was ready to go, I told them to start the boat. I felt the boat drag me. I pulled the triangle I was holding onto, up to my chest and tried to bring my knees up so I could sit on them. I had one up and then the board went sideways and down real fast - I did a face plant into the water!!!

They came around with the boat as I was swimming over to the board that had escaped from under my body. I tried doing it more and more and on my third try, I was up! Once I had caught my balance, they told me to jump on one of the waves. It did not look too bad so I tried it.

I fell onto the smooth water on the other side. I went back over the wave and did this quite a lot of times. My arms ached but I did not pay attention to that since I was having so much fun. The boat turned and we were headed for some waves. I was not really prepared for the waves that came and so I bumped some of them, went flying in the air, dropped the board and landed on my side.


It hurt just a little but then we went back to the house. We were all talking about how we had fallen off or how well we had done on the water. It was a great, fun, relaxing day on the lake.

If you would like to support this lass on a monthly basis, please CLICK HERE

To learn more about our street theatre production, "CREATED", please visit our page,NICAVANGELISTS: "CREATED", North American Tour (2013)

If you would like to see a video of some of our Nica-Youths practicing, please CLICK HERE

We are not up to budget, and travelling with 14 people is very expensive. We need an investment from Christian people for our next evangelism tour to the Midwest. To support us or make a once off donation, please visit our page, Contemplating SUPPORTING something significant? 

Lorenzy at the Assemblies of God Family Camp in Minnesota

No comments:

Post a Comment