Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZ: Fiesty Fiesta Fighting

Thursday, October 4, 2012

POST by RENZ: Fiesty Fiesta Fighting

Lorenzy-Ella at a Party in Nicaragua


Here in Nicaragua parties are different from the States or Australia. I don’t know what makes it different but it just is, maybe because of all the Nicaraguan dancing and the things that they do. At pretty much every birthday party, they have music and dancing, even if it is a baby or toddler that is having a birthday - they just really treat it like a dancing party. They do not have themes for parties, the only theme that they have is dancing and they like it like that, and sometimes I do too. 

On Saturday, in the evening, we were invited to a birthday party. It started at six o’clock but first we went to church so we got there at like eight thirty or nine.  It was a friend of mines´ brother and he had turned 16 or 17.  Dad and all of the little boys stayed at home.

The place where the party was at, was just a concrete building but it was open and it was only one room. At the party people were dancing and just having fun. Somebody that I had met at other parties before asked me to dance so I danced with him.

Then we changed partners and I danced with another dude, Pio. He is 12 years old, the same age as me, but he’s REALLY short. We were having fun and my sister and mum were dancing too. We had brought Yordy with us as well but he just stayed outside. I was having so much fun that I did not see my mum and sister leave the building until Pio asked me were they were. I said that I did not know so we went to look for them.

We went outside and found them sitting with Yordy on a log. I asked them why they were sitting down outside and they said it was because they felt sick because of what they ate, the very food I’d cooked. I went back inside and started dancing again. A friend of mine named Adriana was dancing with another friend of mine called Elvis. The four of us kept on changing partners and then we got into a big line and started dancing. We were having so much fun when all of a sudden everyone left the building.

We went outside to see what was happening and of course it was a fight. Two guys were on the floor wrestling. I asked somebody what they were fighting about and they said it was something about a girl that they were fighting about.

I found my mum and she said that they were drunk even though the party had not given out any alcohol. We were just standing there watching them fight and then my mum went up to them and said in Spanish “Hey guys! Stop fight-“, but was stopped midsentence by my friend’s mum, Maria. She grabbed Mum and was screaming “LIZ DON’T DO IT!!!” This interaction between my Mum and Maria was hilarious.

We tried to go home but every time we tried to leave to go home, the fight got in our way. Finally, when everyone was able to leave, we went running. One of the guys that was fighting was right next to us. They had gotten machetes and fought with them and gotten cut a lot. I heard the one next to us say that they would go to the Punta Plancha, where we live, and wait for the one he was fighting there.

Once we were inside some people that had gone with us asked Fran to cut his hair so we all went outside to see how she would do it and then we heard a gunshot right outside of our property. We all got freaked out and then one guy joked, “Liz! They’re robbing your house!” They all started laughing because she did not understand. What a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment