Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by ERICSON: Testimony

Monday, April 8, 2013

POST by ERICSON: Testimony

Ericson, in His Room at Capital on the Edge



I am from Nicaragua, a very poor country (in Central America).


The story of my life begins like this. I was born into a hardworking family. Our family was poor and humble.


One day my Dad went to work in Costa Rica. When children are little, they do not know how life will unfold. I was five years old at the time. My mum was waiting for my dad to send us money but the money never came. That’s when I started working for other people.


On top of working, I realised that my family had many problems. My family too began to worry, because of all our problems. All of my brothers ended up going to work. I worked at a famous market in Nicaragua, the Mercado Oriental Monte Negro.


I decided to work so that at least I could provide food for my family. But I realised my earnings were not enough. My mum told me not to work and so with time, I stopped working.


One day I noticed that my older sister was getting an attack of epilepsy and I asked my mum “What is happening to my older sister?” She did not respond to me and I was scared so I started to cry.


The next day, I asked my mum again about what was happening to my sister. She told me that my sister was experiencing an attack of epilepsy, and then she started crying because she did not have money to by medicine for her.


I woke up the next day and my mum asked my “Where are you going so early in the morning? It’s only 4am!” I replied “Mum, I am going to work.” Then she asked me “where?”  I told her that I was going to work in the market. “Why?” Mum, you said that you did not have money so I am going to go work and bring some money home.


She thought that I was lying but she let me go anyway. I worked when I was seven until I was ten. One day in that market a man asked me “Do you know where the lady that makes blankets is?” I told him that I did know and he said to me, “I will give you one hundred cords (a little over $4) if you take me to her.


I agreed because I used to earn that much money in one week and I went with him. He asked me if it was far away and I replied that it was and so he suggested that we could go in his car and I agreed.


In that time he said to me “This will be the last time that you ever see the light of day” I asked him “Why?” He told me “Because we are going to sell your organs.” I do not know where I got the strength from but I fought with the man and jumped out of the car and started running.


When I got home I did not leave the house for three months. After ten days, a man came to our house and he had gifts. I was wondering, “who is that man?” My mum eventually told me “that’s your father.” At that moment I went running. I was mad because I thought he bought me a gift so that I would forgive him. I started thinking “where was he when my mum and brothers were suffering? Where was he when we almost lost my mum’s farm? Where was he when my older sister got an attack of epilepsy? I am never going to forgive him because I have suffered so much.”


As time passed, I started to trust my father and our family became pretty normal. One day my Mum said that she was going to go to her farm to take care of it, but I said “no Mum, don’t go.” I said, “I will go.” So I went and took care of the farm by myself. I was out there for one whole year. My mum only came to visit me twelve times. She used to come and visit me on the weekend, once per month, every month, at the end of the month.

Ericson Performing with Capital on the Edge, on Nicaraguan Television


I needed to take care of myself that whole time. I would plant fruits, take care of the cows and sell wood. That’s how I survived. One day I saw in the news that a man had been killed on a farm right behind where my mum’s farm was. My family did not know about it.


One night at 1am, I heard a sound and a bunch of voices. I started to pray. Then the voices went away. The next day all of our dogs were dead. One of my neighbours said that people had come and shot the dogs. He knew this because when the voices came he went outside to see who was there and he had seen what was going on. He didn’t see them very well though.


On another day, whilst I was still on the farm, I heard lots of shooting and thought that people must have been having a fight. I didn’t know who was shooting. I couldn’t see anyone.


Two days later and I went to Managua. Someone kept telling me that something had happened. My father was at work and had been shot in the leg. My Dad was a security guard and I told my Dad “I’m going to go in your place.” I worked in my Dad’s place for 2 months until my Dad’s leg healed.


A brother of mine was put into prison for 3 years. My older brother trained to be a pastor at university, so that he could preach the Gospel.


My Dad took care of the farms and took care of his parents, because they were very sick. Then I had to start working again in the market. At this time I suffered, because my brother was in jail.


I worked to give money to my older brother, so that he could complete his qualifications at university. I always have given money to my Mum and continue to do so. After finishing work I would cooked for everybody else in my family. Everyone would get home very late and so I cooked dinner every night for 3 years.


Thank God, because he has changed my life.


I have been practicing breakdancing for 3 years and now I am helping Capital on the Edge.


My family now has a lot of blessings. We are all Christians.


I didn’t have a fun childhood, because I had to work, but I am proud, because I wanted to kill myself when I was taking care of my mother’s farm, but I didn’t do it because I knew that God had a purpose for me. So I resisted. Now my family and I are blessed.


God opened the doors for me. 

If you would like to support Ericson on a monthly basis, please CLICK here


Ericson and Jonny, Working on their Studies


un dia en la noche como alas 1am  escuche un ruido y un monton de voces y  yo solo co mense a orar y des pues se fueron y al dia siguiente amanecieron muertos todos los peros y u vecino que le dieron un tiro por que el salio a esaora praber kien andava a esa ora y segui un tienpo mas y des pues un dia yo decia en mi mente a alguien le dieron un tiro pero noce kien es y pase un dos dias asi u mefui a la capita y solo algo medecia que avia pasado algo y al que le avian dado un tiro a mi papa en una pierna y el era vijilante y yo ledije papa yo boy a ir por ustep y pase dos meces trabajando como viji lante en la noche en una en presa asta que el serecupero de la piena y de pues un er mano mia cae preso por tres anos  mi otro ermano mayor estaba en el intituto biblico para cer un pasator para predicar el ebajelio y otro en la uni bersidad y mi papa cuidando las fincas y asus padre por que estaban muy en fermos y otrabes comenso mi es clavitup y yo comense a trabajar otrbes en el Mercado y en todo eses tienpo yo sufri en toda mi vida pasada por que a mi ermano que estaba preso le pasaba dinero cemanal ami er mano pastor le dava una ayuda para que ter minara su curso de 5 anos ami ermano de la unibercidad tan vien y ami mama sienpre le edado dinero y en todo ese tienpo ami ernano pastor des pues de trabajar yo tenia que cosinarle a el porque yegaba muy noche diario port res anos metoco eso gracias a Dios que a canviado mi mvida tengo tres anos se praticar break dance  y ando apoyando esta obra micionera y mi famila es muy abuntante en bendiciones por que todos somos salbos por que tenemos a cristo en nuestro Corazon  y en mi paiz no exciste nines pero estoy orguyoso por que yo kise asta colgarme de un mecate cuando cuidaba la finca y no lo ise por que yo savia que Dios tenia un propocito para mi y yo resisti y aora mi familia y yo bendecida prosperada y en Vitoria talve suno dice abeseces que estamos asiendo en este mundo asta que terminamos en dexescion y nu estro auto estima se baja eso me paso amia y yo serre esos malos pensamientos y dios me abrio sus puertas  gracia por aber leido mi istoria primera mente Dios ante todo.  

Ericson at the Beach, with Capital on the Edge



No comments:

Post a Comment