Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by FRAN: An Ode to My G-String

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

POST by FRAN: An Ode to My G-String

Last year after 7th grade exams was summer, obviously, but before summer I had to fill in a white piece of paper that said what alternative classes I would like to be in when I got to 8th grade. I picked intro guitar for the first semester and choir for the second semester.

It had been my dream to learn to play the guitar and my point is that I’ve learned and have been playing for at least four months, and I’m still playing, and I love it. It is exciting , but it’s difficult! I’m dedicated to play with my family and friends at church or at youth group.

My instrument is an ordinary nylon guitar, a very cheap nylon guitar! It has three metal strings and three plastic, six strings in total.

As I already said: guitar is exciting, but difficult; most of the hard part is tuning this funny shaped piece of wood! I just can’t hear if the guitar sounds the same as the piano. I try really hard to get it right, I even change the piano setting to a nylon guitar setting and I still can’t get it!

Last week I was trying my hardest to get the instrument tuned to practice a song called la bamba. I got so frustrated that my Mum snatched the guitar out of my hands and said “oh, let me!” (My Mum is working on exams for school in the same room, and she couldn’t take it much longer) 

“Play E, Fran” she muttered as she played the first string to the top of the guitar. She gasped as a beautiful E sound came from the piano and a rather horrid B-miner sound came from the guitar, it was disgusting!

Mum managed to get the top three metal strings tuned and was going to do the other three plastic strings. She played the middle string and at that second as she turned the pin once: “PING!” Oh, that onomatopoeic sound made my heart skip five beats!

Mum yelled “OUCH!!!” and almost dropped the stubborn, wooden instrument! The third plastic string up, G, had snapped! I knew I would never love another guitar again… until the string was replaced.

RIP G string, you made my music sound good!   

No comments:

Post a Comment