Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by FRAN: My, My, Myla Vox

Saturday, September 22, 2012

POST by FRAN: My, My, Myla Vox



Francesca, Myla Vox, Lorenzy, Julissa, Scarleth

"Thud" the mechanical bull successfully threw another child to the bounciness underneath the red and yellow painted bull. It was a Sunday morning around 10:00 o'clock and Scarlet, my friend with very curly hair, took Lorenzy and me to a fair at the German school that was just outside of our barrio (her mum works there).

 The entrance cost 10 cords each person, we thought that everything else was free, but it wasn't... There was a lot to do, but we didn't have any money to do anything! We met up with a friend that goes to scarlet's church, his name is Daniel. Daniel had come with his little brothers and some other friends that also go to scarlet's church.

We decided to sit down and watch some little girls from the school do a fashion show and then watch them sing. We weren't putting that much attention on the little girls though, we were talking and laughing together. People gave us some weird looks, so we decided to go to the venta (corner store) and buy some bread with the five cords that we had!

It took us about 5 minutes to walk to the venta, and on the way Scarlet's mum called her and told her something that made her start jumping up and down and say "Really?!" over and over again. When  she finally hung up she asked me "do you know the guys that sing boom boom bam?" "Myla vox?" I asked "yeah! They are going to sing at the German school in a little while!" " Really!?" (she passed the "REALLY?!" sickness to me now!)

We both caught up to Lorenzy and Julissa (Scarlet's sister), we told them who and what and guess what they said in unison? "REALLY?!?!?!?!?!" We ran to the venta and bought our bread and headed back to the school.

It was hard getting through when we got closer to the school because of the cars and the tight road. There was a man on the rode in tears with a rag wrapped around his hand, Lorenzy looked at him and then  looked back at us "I saw blood squirt out of his wrist!" she said softly, and a little freaked out.

We tried to walk faster to get back to the school and to get out of the crowd of cars and people. We reached the school and sat down on a bench that was propped around a tree, behind the platform. We sat there and chilled for  a while... I was just taking in the cool breeze.

 A minute or so later three well dressed teenagers and a lady approached us, it was them, Myla vox! They shook our hands and said "hello", then they walked to the platform. Scarlet and I got out our phones and went to the front of the platform to record, Lorenzy and Julissa followed.

We were the first girls at the front and so Myla voxQ sang to us, literally! They were pointing at us and coming over to where we were standing and everything! It was really fun! And the best thing was that I knew the songs!

Myla Vox

They sang three songs and then walked off of the platform. Scarlet, Lorenzy, Julissa, and I were the first people to ask for a photo. Then we stood off to the side so that other girls could take a picture as well, Scarlet and I went to the bathroom and by the time we got out they were gone.

We headed for the entrance and met up with one of them, his name was Laken, he was wearing black jeans and a black dress shirt with a purple tie and sunglasses. Scarlet got a photo with him and then we just chatted for a while and after a while Laken said "I have to go now, but it was nice meeting you" (but in Spanish). I quickly asked with hope in my voice "could I have your number?" And to my surprise he gave it to me! We said our Latin good-bye's (you know kiss, kiss, hug, hug) And then Laken started to walk away.

As soon as he was out of sight we screamed and jumped up and down and ran back to where Lorenzy was sitting with everyone else. We told them what happened, but they didn't believe me when I told them that he had given me his number.

We went to the volleyball court and then decided to go home and swim. So we found Daniel's brothers and friends and all 13 of us walked to my house talking and laughing. When we got to my house we all jumped into the pool to refresh our skin from the  hot sun. Around 4:30 everyone went home. It wasn't a crazy day, but an exciting day that I spent with my sister and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment