Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZ: Weathering Nicaraguan Weather

Saturday, May 26, 2012

POST by RENZ: Weathering Nicaraguan Weather



My family loves going to the beach. We usually go to the beach during vacations. We have been to three different beaches in Nicaragua. Those three are la Playa Hermosa, la boquita, and another one that I don’t know how to spell. I like each one but my absolute favorite one is la Playa Hermosa. I like la Playa Hermosa the best because at that beach I have a lot of friends that own beach houses.

One of my ex-classmates’  mum lets us stay at her beach house and it is really fun. We make bonfires and go out running late at night or really early in the morning. One day when we were at la play Hermosa we were talking with some of my friends from school who also have a beach house. The house that belongs to my classmate is right in front of the water but my friend’s house was further back. She invited us to her beach house to do random things.

That night we walked to her house. It was quite creepy because it was dark and we had to cross a bridge and underneath it was a dark lake type thing and there was a log that looked like a crocodile. The bridge was like the bridge in the movie Shrek, when Shrek and Donkey were going to get the princess, but had to cross the really old bridge. That was like the bridge that my whole family had to cross. A few planks were missing and it was hard to see so we had to go slowly.

Then we had to go up a steep hill but that wasn’t so bad. It looked like it was going to rain but we weren’t going to take so long so we were alright. Once we got there we started talking and playing. They have a ping pong table so we played ping pong. It started to rain. Then the rain got really hard and so we went inside.


It started to thunder and then there was lightning with really hard rain. We had left Hector and Nicole the house owners’ children (also mine and my sisters friends of the house) at the house. Hector is 12 and Nicole is in tenth grade. We heard thunder which was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY loud and my dad screamed. If you didn’t already know, my dad freaks out when he hears thunder and lightning.

We waited a while with the intention of waiting until the weather got calmer but it didn’t really get any calmer so we decided to leave because otherwise we would be there all night. We started going and it stopped raining but there was still thunder and lightning and it was really close. It was even harder to go across the bridge because it was slippery and it was harder to see where there was missing planks because it was now night time.
  
Once we were almost home (we just had to walk across the beach to get to the house) we came to a place where a river had formed and it had overflowed and was blocking our path. The current was too strong to go across and my dad was able to get across but we couldn’t. Some people saw us and helped us get across. The rest of the way we ran, except for my parents and Billy, my foster brother. When we got home Hector said to us that when he heard the big crack of thunder he told his sister “Yep Mr.B is dead!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment