Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZ: Press Your Panic Button, the Local Lads are Lingering

Thursday, March 22, 2012

POST by RENZ: Press Your Panic Button, the Local Lads are Lingering


Every Friday we have people from the community come to our house and they play sports, go swimming and hang out. We have two age groups that come at different times. 

The first age group that comes is from ages five to eleven and they come from about four until six. However they never really do leave or come at the exact time because what can you expect it IS Nicaragua and Nicaraguans walk to the rhythm of a different beat!

The second group is from ages twelve to eighteen but people that are older and maybe even younger do come sometimes too. They start at about seven and are supposed to finish at nine but sometimes they stay for extra time just because they are too distracted and having too much fun. At six forty we have a large crowd of people outside that are just waiting to come in.

It was about five twenty when Brian was in the pool with all the other kids. Francesca, Valeria, and I were just watching because we weren't sure if we wanted to get in or not. Valeria is the kids' pastor. She is twenty years old and she is fun to be with. Her laugh is hilarious, it makes everyone else laugh too.

We were sitting down close to the pool when all of a sudden, Brian came up to us and his chin was bleeding, gushing blood in fact. He was sitting down next to us and we asked him what had happened.

He told us that he had fallen into the pool and banged his chin on the side. He was not crying and did not even say that it hurt. We took him to my mum and told her what had happened.



A few minutes later my mum had packed up her grading and was going out the door. I asked her where she was going and she told me that she was going to the hospital so that Brian could get stitches. Duh! I thought to myself. So they left for the hospital. Now they both (Brian and Brian's brother Oliver) are going to have stitches. "It's like Brian just got it to be like Oliver" I thought silently.

My mum was going to grade whilst the younger group were here and then go outside to participate with the older group, but now she could not be with the older group because she was in hospital with Brian.

At about eight, I was wondering where my mum was. Was she hiding? I could not find her. Then I asked my dad and he said "Renzy, she has been at the hospital for hours and you haven't noticed until now?!?!" I felt like the dumbest person in the world because of that.

On Monday, when they got to school (our house), Brian had a bandage on his chin and I was curious so I asked him "What happened to your chin?!" And then he reminded me of  what had happened and I felt even dumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment