Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by JAZ: Captain Underpants Makes a Forever Impact...

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

POST by JAZ: Captain Underpants Makes a Forever Impact...


You never know what adventures may or may not be in store when you embrace a new culture BUT this is an adventure, an experience that I never expected, to say I was stunned is really an understatement.

If it wasn't a regular occurrence then maybe, just maybe it would not have made such an impact but when a life impacting experience happens as part of daily life then one can't help but be impacted. Some might even say traumatized? You can choose whether this one should be a positive experience...

I had been in Nicaragua no more than 24 hours when Captain Underpants made his first appearance. Okay I will admit it was hot, Nicaragua is sticky and dusty. I was feeling more overwhelmed than I was expecting to be.

At this point, feeling isolated and all alone, I realised that it would have been of great benefit if I had been more diligent with those language learning CD's, however not even language learning could have prepared me for the statement that was about to come my way.

It was in this next moment that I questioned where I was and whether in fact this was the destination that God had called me to for such a time as this. It was one of those moments that will go down in the pages of history, along with all the other world's most astonishing moments that have taken place!

Captain Underpants enters the room, making his most profound proclamation of the day... 'I vowed that I wouldn't do this while you were here BUT I just don't feel like wearing pants... it's too HOTTTT! I hope you don't mind?'

Everyone in the room FROZE! Some in disbelief that Captain Underpants would be seen just in his trusty? underpants but with the omission of his magnificent cape, some in sheer embarrassment that Captain Underpants is actually related to them and others in shock, that yes in fact this was and is the most influential staff member at Capital Edge Community School...

I would like to be able to say that this experience was a once in a lifetime... that it was just some initiation experience, which all who are called by God to Capital Edge Community School have to go through to work out if they are really meant to be here.

If they can survive this Captain Underpants experience they can survive all things through Christ... BUT unfortunately for some of us it is a groundhog day experience, it is recurring... like a bad dream... los siento Captain Underpants... the thing that we never can be sure of is... when Captain Underpants will make his most profound proclamation and appearance again, so for this reason we always have to be prepared for the shock that we know is bound to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment