Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZY: Calling Crazy Claroooooh!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

POST by RENZY: Calling Crazy Claroooooh!


Claro is a company that takes care of connections. For example you can have internet connections and phone lines T.V. connections, things like that. Since we just bought the house, we don’t have internet or a phone line that is our own. It sucks! We haven’t had internet for three weeks. We do have a phone line but it is not our own and also the owners of it are going to cancel it.

Now, because of all that we have to keep on calling Claro so that they actually come and install it. I am the one that always has to call up and talk to them because my dad doesn’t speak that much Spanish. He sits next to me and tells me what I have to say to them. On Tuesday I called them a bunch of times because they would always hang up who knows why.

I know I am eleven and I am calling up to see what is happening with our connections but it’s not like I love doing it. I actually don’t like doing it at all. I have to do it because I am the one that knows how to do it because I do it all the times that we have to call Claro. Also my parents do not know Spanish that well. All those reasons are why I have to call up.

On Tuesday it was horrible. I would call them up and get some information out of them. Then they would always hang up and because of that my dad would always get even angrier than he already was. He would always tell me to call back up, ask for their name and their boss’s name.

I didn’t want to do it but my dad forced me to do. I would get so mad and frustrated that I would almost cried but I didn’t.

So there was this one guy that works at Claro and he had to talk to me through the phone. He asked me “What name is it all under?” but in Spanish of course, and I didn’t know so I asked my dad which was sitting on my bed and I was in a chair next to the bed. I asked my dad and he said “Brien”, so I told him but then I asked him “but what’s the full name that its under?” and my dad said “It’s under Elizabeth Brien” so I told the guy.

Then he responds in a different voice, “Sorry we do not accept joke calls, please do not do it again.” I was just about to tell him the whole story about my dad not knowing Spanish but it was too late. I was hearing what I had heard a million times, the beeping of the telephone which meant that he had hung up on me.
I felt so angry and so offended. I could not believe it. 

He hung up on me because he thought that it was a prank call. I told my dad which was already furious and he walked out of the room and told me to call again.

Now my family and I are laughing about it but when it happened it was not so funny. However I can still not believe what he did to me but I have to admit that it was sort of funny. It was funny because when I didn’t really understand what my dad wanted me to tell them he would snatch the phone right out of my hand and he would speak to the people in a very angry voice but very broken Spanish.

It was so funny but then he had a turn at laughing at me because of what the man had said to me. I can’t blame the man because I am only eleven and I didn’t know what the name was under so it did sound a little suspicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment