Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZY: Experiencing the Divine Equine...

Thursday, February 23, 2012

POST by RENZY: Experiencing the Divine Equine...

As you may know we have five horses. We have two boys and three girls. One of the girls is pregnant and the other girl we think is pregnant. The one that we know is definitely pregnant is called Midnight. She is the fastest horse out of them all but sadly she has a sore on her back, so we are not permitted to ride her right now. The story is not about her though.

Kaitlin, a friend from school, was over just to see Fran and have fun. She is from Canada and she used to have a horse and her horse had a foal that was called Gallo Pinto (a traditional food of Nicaragua, made with rice and beans and other bits and bobs…). When she was here we rode horses. Kaitlin rode Cadburys, a stubborn, plump, small, reddish coloured horse, the horse that is most likely to hurt someone, but she hardly ever does.

I was on Mexico. Sezni and I love to ride Mexico because he is always doing what you want him to do. Also he is a small quiet horse who hardly ever kicks or bites. Francesca was on the smallest horse that we have. Her name is Oreo. Her name is Oreo because she looks just like an Oreo cookie smashed up into little pieces.

She, like Mexico is also very calm. She is the best horse to put kids on because she is small and she is calm. The only bad thing about her is that she, like Cadburys, is VERY stubborn. Actually I think that she is worse than Cadbury's in that regard. She will only listen to you if you are leading her, but when she has someone sitting on her that is going to ride her by themselves, well that is when she gets very stubborn.

Oreo is the worst horse to go on if you want to have a good, long, fun ride, because she just will not listen. If you whip her she will just turn in a circle like a ballerina and lift her head tall. She really gets on my nerves sometimes.

At the time, we did not have many saddles. In fact we just had two. So, because we only had two saddles only two people could go on with a saddle and the last person would have to go without a saddle. And guess what… I was the person that had to go without a saddle. It was uncomfortable but since I had pretty much the best horse I had to go without the saddle.

I did not care much but it meant that I could not run with the horse because it would hurt too much. Also, because I only had to jump on and didn´t need to worry about the saddle, I started to go down the road without them. I would go down the road, and when I could almost not see them I would go back, and do it all again, over and over, until they were riding beside me.

We were riding down the narrow, dirt road when I saw a friend of mine. Her name is Jocelyn and she is eleven just like me. She asked me if I could give her a ride and so I went with the horse over to a ledge were she could get on, since she is Korean and sort of short. She tried getting on but she was half way on and then the blanket fell off and so we both fell off. But luckily I fell onto my legs, so the fall didn´t hurt. We laughed a bit but Jocelyn fell hard onto the ground, but we did not give up.

Once I was on I carefully helped her get on without both of us falling off again. Once she was kind of on we started to go. Kaitlin and Francesca had gone on without us so we had to try and catch up with them. I didn't want to trot because I thought that we might fall off again. We were walking when we finally caught up to them. We were talking and riding at the same time. It was fun but once we got to the corner where we turn to go to the church we decided to go back home.

I was turning the horse around when suddenly I felt my pants vibrating. I was thinking “what in the world could that be” when I heard the soft low voice of someone saying "Every day I see my Dream" repeating over and over. I suddenly realized that it was my phone. Someone was calling my phone so I stopped the horse and pulled my fat phone out of my small pocket.

It was Chango, a friend from church. The guys from church always randomly call for no reason. He called and I told him that I was at the corner where we go to church. He didn't believe me and he hung up. Fran and Kaitlin were ahead of us once again. I was talking to Jocelyn when we reached them.

When we got to Jocelyn's house, I helped her get off. When I said good bye the horse was eating. I started to pull the rope up when I saw that it was untied. Since I did not know how to tie the rope on the horse, I got off and started walking home with Mexico following me by the rope. I walked past a man and he saw that the rope was untied so he offered to help me. I got back on the horse and started riding home.

I was almost home when I saw Fran and Kaitlin come riding back out of the big green gate. They were headed towards me. When we reached each other we stopped. Kaitlin asked if I wanted to change horses. I sort of did because I had no saddle and it had started to hurt a lot.

Once I was on Cadburys I sat there and waited until she got on. After a few tries of getting on, she said to Fran "How about you and I trade because I can't get on this horse." So Fran got off and they both jumped on. Only this time when Kaitlin got on, the saddle fell onto the bottom of the horse. We laughed a little and I got sort of bored so I started to trot towards the house.

I went faster and faster then when I was almost at the gate I stopped her and went back to where Fran and Kaitlin were. They were laughing because of what had happened to Kaitlin, and because before, when I was having problems of my own, Cadburys had bitten her.

Well she had tried to bite her but Kaitlin had noticed and moved so she only bit her shirt. What a crazy day. First I fall off of the horse with my friend, then the reins fall off and some random guy helps me even though he doesn't have to, and then Kaitlin getts half bitten by a horse and the the saddle falls off when she´s getting on. What a day – what fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment