Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZ: Oh Rats!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

POST by RENZ: Oh Rats!


On Friday nights we go to bed at like 1 or 2 in the morning, sometimes later, and that is why we wake up feeling so tired. We usually stay up later than twelve at night.

Our Saturdays are usually peaceful because all the boys that live at our house during the week go home on Friday night or Saturday morning, so we just watch movies and then at night go to church in Barrio Loco.

One Saturday, I woke up to my family watching a movie called Brave. Two of our teen guys stayed with my family, Yordy and Eliazer. They went outside to practice tricking on the sawdust.

I went into the kitchen, fetched myself some breakfast and then sat next to my brother, Sezni, who had his mouth wide open (sometimes he even starts drooling), as he always does when he is watching a movie or playing video games.

We were getting to an intense part of the movie. I think it was the part were the mum/queen was a bear and she was in the castle with her daughter trying to figure out what to do. Then, all the people from the town found out that there was a bear in the palace but they didn’t know that the bear was the mum/queen. So they were chasing after her in the woods and the king was just about to kill her.

At that precise moment Yordy walked into the room and went to where Francesca was sitting. He had a straight face and whispered something to her. The only thing that she did was ask “Enserio?!” “Really?!” and then they both went outside. None of the rest of my family cared about what they were talking about but I was curious.

When Francesca walked back into the room she looked strange. I asked her “What did Yordy tell you?”  She didn’t tell me straight away because she was paying more attention to the movie than to me, but when she started speaking, her whole face expression changed from sort of casual to really surprised. She said in a loud voice “There is a RAT in the pool!!”

We all looked very surprised and started to run outside to see. Before we even saw it my mum had already started screaming her head off and grabbing onto Rafi very tightly. When we saw it, I thought it would be on the steps standing but I was wrong. It was swimming! It looked like a mini dog but it was a HUGE rat.

My mum told Sezni to get it out of the pool but he was too afraid. Eliazer went to get a bucket so that someone could get it out but no one wanted to.

We just stood there waiting, watching the rat, until my dad grabbed the bucket and swooshed it out of the pool. He threw the bucket to the ground on top of the hideous rat. My mum started screaming again.

Then Yordy retrieved a broom and my mum grabbed it, but then gave it to Sezni and screamed at him “KILL IT!! KILL IT NOW!!” My dad became more scared than my mum and for some strange reason, my mum is always more brave than my dad in situations like that.

Sezni started whacking the almost-dead rat like it was a mini piñata. Eliazer, having to be the man of the house, grabbed the empty bucket and scooped the rat into it. He froze there with the bucket in hand because he did not know what to do next.

 My dad told him to throw the rat over our big, brick, wall so, he threw it over with the bucket. The rat sort of reminded me of when I was in the subways in New York, because I would always see rats crawling across the ground where the trains passed by.

No comments:

Post a Comment