Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZ: La La en La Mascota

Thursday, November 8, 2012

POST by RENZ: La La en La Mascota

Nayeli, painting in the creche


When people from the community come to us for help, we normally help them as much as we can.

They ask us if we can take them to the hospital or if we can help them get medicine and things like that. If we have our car or if we have money that we can use to help them, then we help as much as we can.

One day, a mum of one of the kids from the school gave my sister a letter and she told her to read it to my dad. When she arrived home she read it to my dad. The letter read that someone in her family was sick and she wanted us to help her. It was a little girl that was sick but it didn’t say whom.

It was a Tuesday night and every Tuesday we go to barrio loco to play pool. Before we went to barrio loco my dad said to me if I wanted to go with him on a daddy-daughter date and I accepted. He said to me that first we would have to make a few stops.

The first place that we went to was to the aunt of the kid that was sick. My dad was going to tell them that we didn’t have any money to help and that we were very sorry we could not help. He then said to me that we could help a little bit if the little girl was from the school that we have, but he thought that she wasn’t.

We went to the mother’s house to tell her that we were sorry but we could not help right now. When we got to her house, he started telling her that but then he asked her who the kid was. She was holding Nayeli in her arms and said that they were going to take her to hospital.

Nayeli with her Mum & cousin

My dad asked her what she wanted him to do and she said that in the morning she had to go to the hospital and they were going to do some exams on the little girl and he needed another woman to help her hold Nayeli still.

She also explained that she has problems with nervousness and other people she had asked had said that they could not help her because they were scared.

Nayeli's Dad on the left (with Liz & Junior)

My dad said that him and I would go with her in the morning to the hospital.

In the morning, my dad woke me up and told me it was time to go. It was six o’clock on the dot and we had to go to the hospital.

I got ready as fast as I could and then went outside. I didn’t even have time to eat! Outside it was nice and cool. Sitting upon a bench on our front porch was Nayeli, her mum, and her dad.

Nayeli

As soon as my dad walked out of the house, we all jumped into the car and went off to the hospital. For most of the time, our journey was silent with just the radio in the background. We arrived at the hospital but the mum said that it was the wrong hospital.

My dad did not know which hospital the lady was talking about so he asked somebody from the hospital that we were at if he knew where the other hospital was. He told us that we were very far away from the other one, La Mascota, but an ambulance was going there and so we followed the ambulance.

The ambulance was fun to follow but he was going so fast and it was hard to keep track of him.

Once we got to the hospital we went into a room and they gave baby Nayeli an injection in the arm. Once that was done we had to wait in the waiting room for a very long time. My dad kept on asking me what we were waiting for but I didn’t know.

Finally they called us in after we had been waiting for a few hours and they took some x-rays (I think) of her. One of her body parts was too small and so they had to stick something in her too see what was happening.

They told us to take her pants off and lay her down on the table. Once she was lying down and they hadn’t even touched her she had already started screaming and crying.

Nayeli crying, Jocasta & Manuel

They told me to hold her arms down and so I did it. They told the mum to hold her legs open and so she did it.

The doctor came over and put some needle thing attached with a cord in her and then he told us that we just had to wait, so we waited whilst they put stuff in her.

Once they finished that part they took out the needle and told her to pee and then she could go. She didn’t want to and so she started screaming and crying even louder.

We waited about ten minutes until she finally did it. They then put her in a shower and rinsed her off. Then we left and the little girl was normal again.

When we got home I was so tired and everybody was asking us where we were and if I was ok because I was so tired. I told them that we went to the hospital.

Now the girl is ok but they have to give her medicines and things like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment