Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by FRAN: Sezni the Salesman

Thursday, April 12, 2012

POST by FRAN: Sezni the Salesman


Sezni, my brother, is a very eccentric little boy. He is turning ten this year in May and he wants to buy a Nintendo Wii along with some games for his birthday. Sezni is always looking for ways to earn some money and Mum gave him the idea of selling coconuts. 

He was so excited, "Hey that's a GREAT idea!", he said.  So he got to work straight away. I was his Coco-Cutter-Sister, because I am the eldest. Sezni would roll a coconut my way and I would machete off the husk and chuck the coconut into a bucket with all the coco's that were ready to sell.

 The bad thing is that Little-Monster-Billy kept taking the coconuts that were ready and he'd either eat them or throw them around! I picked up a coconut and positioned it on the ground and lifted the machete up into the air, Sezni called out casually to me, "FRAN!" I looked up and squish!

 I had let the machete come down on my thumb and split open my nail! Blood was coming out from under my nail, my thumb began to feel hot "Oh no,I've chopped open my thumb!"  I thought to myself in pain.

I went to the side of the pool and put my four good fingers in the cool, wet water. It helped, but only a little bit. Sezni came and sat next to me and put his feet in the pool "Maybe this isn't such a good idea after all..." the words came out of his mouth slowly and sadly. Then he got up and walked away.

I stayed there, at the pool, until Mum came home from work. When Sezni saw that Mum was home, he went over to her and said "It isn't working, Mum" and he showed her my thumb, which was purple with old nail polish.

 Mum frowned "Maybe you guys just need more practice with the machete..." Sezni wasn't convinced though, he went to his room and began to played with his toys from McDonald's.

Five minutes passed and Mum went into Sezni's room where she found him still playing with his toys. She had two avocadoes in her two hands, "what are you doing with those?" Sezni asked with curiosity. "You can sell them for fifteen cords each! How cool!"

A big smile spread across Sezni's face. He ran outside excitedly. He got a stick a climbed the avocado tree and picked at least fifty avocadoes.

That afternoon he went out to sell the avocadoes, he came home with 220 cords and twenty avocadoes. This past week he has earnt 62 dollars!

Sezni enjoys cutting down avocadoes and believes that he can do something productive with his time. He is now looking for Nintendo Wii prices on the internet and might buy one in time for his birthday!

Dreams really do come true (unless you want to fly!)  

1 comment:

  1. Franny, i loved reading your blog. I'm soooooo proud of you guys-your hard work will pay off....thanks for being a great sister to your siblings......
    btw peeps, we still have stacks of avocados 15 cords per avo, or 100 cords for 10 - email your orders xoxox

    ReplyDelete