Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by FRAN: Part 1 of the Cell Phone Mystery!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

POST by FRAN: Part 1 of the Cell Phone Mystery!

(A brief note from Jeddo: Names have been changed in order to protect the identity of our workers)

Semana Santa is the Holy week or Easter here in Nicaragua. School is out the whole week. We usually open our home to the community to come and swim and play soccer and basket ball. My dad usually opens the house on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Instead we only opened the house up on Saturday, all day, to count for the other days which we didn't open the house to the community.

Unfortunately I was sick with a fever and also had a runny nose and  a head ache. Mum was sick too...

We found out that she had bronchitis and still is sick now. We stayed in almost all day and tried to sleep and watch movies. It started to get hard to sleep and watch movies though because of all the noise!

The pool began to get full by 9:30 A.M! Even I, an avid swimmer, wouldn't be able to swim in the pool that early - Not even on holidays! I wanted to get into the pool so bad because everyone was having so much fun, but I couldn't.

A lot of my church friends came as well and all my friends here using their cell phones (That's Latin culture for you...). When our visitors get into the pool they want to put their stuff somewhere. So my Mum said that they could put their stuff inside our house where NO ONE could TOUCH IT (well that's what she thought).

Four cell phones came into our kitchen and were put on the counter, where they were all in sight. After 20 minutes or so had passed, three boys came to retrieve their cell phones and one boy, Possum, was still swimming in the pool. Possum didn't get out of the pool until everything was over, at 5:00 P.M.

When it was time for everyone to leave, Possum went to retrieve his simple, white, Nokia cell phone from our kitchen, but unfortunately it wasn't where he put it! He looked all over the place and even a boy named Pumpkin offered to help him look.

They couldn't find the cell phone anywhere and Mum started to get worried "what if someone took it out of the kitchen when I wasn't watching?!?!", she said to me over and over again. There were only two people allowed to come in and out of the house, Pumpkin who is 20 years old and Yader who is 22 years old, and both of them work for Capital Edge Community Centre (our house).

Mum twice asked both Pumpkin and Yader "Do either of you have, or know where Possum's cell phone is?" and both times she got the same answer "I don't know". That night Possum left discouraged and without a cell phone, and we all went to sleep worried about where the phone might have gone.

The next day Mum was convinced that the cell phone was stolen. She was thinking about it all day and at dinner time Possum, his mum and his sister came to our house asking for Pumpkin. However, Pumpkin wasn't at our house. Possum's mum was convinced that Pumpkin had taken Possum's phone and she was on quite the mission, and hunting him down. She was mad because she owns a little corner store and she lacked the money to buy him another phone.

Dad told her that they would go to his house on Monday and question him. Once Possum had left Mum said to Dad "we need to figure this out, because I don't like it when people take things from my house that aren't mine!" Dad replied to her "Don't worry, we are going to ask Pumpkin some questions on Monday and if he doesn't tell the truth then he will not be coming to work for a week." We all went to sleep, everyone but Mum.

At 2:23 in the morning she came into my room and fell asleep on my bed next to me (I know Because she told me) The following morning a text message came to my phone and it was from Pumpkin's cousin, Abid. The message said 'I know who stole the phone' and later that day Abid came to talk to my Mum and he said "I know who took the phone, he came to me and asked me for a charger. The person who stole the phone is..."

TO BE CONTINUED... 


No comments:

Post a Comment