Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZ: RaZING Eyebrows

Thursday, April 19, 2012

POST by RENZ: RaZING Eyebrows

Eyebrow-less-Oliver


Oliver is my foster brother sort of. He and his brother Brian stay with us during the week and then go home(if you can call it that) for the weekends. Oliver is five years old but looks like he is three. His brother Brian is eight and he looks like he is... well... eight, sort of.

If you get on Oliver's good side, he is nice to you but if you treat him bad, then he will never obey you. Instead he will bite you, or kick you, he'll possibly punch you - pretty much anything goes if he's mad.

With or without eyebrows, Oliver-the-Kid is cool as a cucumber...
The neighbourhood people treat Oliver bad because they think that his family are at a lower class than theirs, but I think that they are pretty much at the same rate.

It was just a week before we had finished Easter break and it was a Monday. We did what we always did.  We woke up, got prepared for the day, went outside to do our morning meeting that we always do with all the staff.

Once that was over, we went and set up the chairs for the kids and waited for them to come. One by one, the kids piled onto the porch and waited for us to give them instructions.

That day, Oliver's eyes looked weird and I couldn't figure out what it was. At first I thought that he had just woken up because what I saw was that his eyes looked like Chinese eyes. I couldn't tell what was different about him but I thought that it would wear off later on in the day. Well, It didn't wear off.

It looked like all the other staff had figured out what was wrong with his eyes because they were laughing at him and calling him "Chucky", but I still couldn't find out why. I was really curious about what was wrong.

The lads, once Renz had drawn on eyebrows with her make-up pen
During Tae Kwondo class, at the end of school, when I was kicking with Scarleth (the two year old teacher. She is always laughing and joyful). She started laughing at Oliver because in Tae Kwondo class he always does weird things on the floor.

She told everyone to look at Oliver because he looked hilarious. He was trying to do the worm but failed epically. At that moment when everyone was looking at him, Ivania (the director of our little school) said in Spanish " It looks even funnier because he doesn't have EYEBROWS!" and that's when it hit me. He didn't have eyebrows. How could I not  see that he didn't have eyebrows! I felt so dumb that I did not see his eyebrow less face.

So at that moment I drew eyebrows on all of my little brothers who had been very creative with the razor which had been left in the shower.

Brian, Sezni, Billy & Oliver...








1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Renzi, how funny that must have been. Thank you for sharing the story, what a great start to my day. Lots and lots of love to you!!!

    ReplyDelete