Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by RENZY: Tantalising Traditions

Monday, December 19, 2011

POST by RENZY: Tantalising Traditions

My story is about Christmas, my church, and family.

As you know it is Christmas! Everyone is merrily decorating their Christmas trees and their house with lights except for the people in my church. They are focused only on God. It is a good thing but they have so many rules like no Christmas trees and no lights. We respect them but we have a tradition and we always put up our tree and Christmas decorations on December 1st.

So a few weeks ago when we had just put up our decorations our church came over a few days later to hang out. I was wondering what they would say about it but they didn’t say anything to me thankfully. As a matter of fact I don’t think they said anything to anybody in my family but I am not sure. Any way we were having fun we went swimming and it was a Saturday.

The next day when we went to church the pastor was talking. Here is the funniest part, she was talking the why they do not have Christmas trees or lights. We were shocked. At the end I even started to laugh. What a coincidence.

So we still have our Christmas tree and lights up because we still do our tradition although they say that it is bad. At our church in Australia they have Christmas trees and lights up. It is sort of like the different cultures at my home church in Australia and my church here in Nicaragua.   

No comments:

Post a Comment