Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by FRAN: A Leg Up

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

POST by FRAN: A Leg Up


Year after year, when I was little, I would always do gymnastics. I was in competitions and often at the gym practicing my routine to get better.

When I was 9 I was in the national squad level 4, so that meant that I was at the gym five days a week for four hours each day. This was the year that my parents decided to move to Mexico. At first I didn't want to leave, but I had no choice, my parents had already organised the plane tickets and everything.

So I took my Bible and went to my room for a few hours. I found a Bible verse that said something along the lines of 'I have set apart a separate piece for you.' I don't remember where the Bible verse is, but that one line spoke to me. so I went downstairs and told my Mum what I read and she was glad that I found the verse.

Four years have passed since I have seen and read that Bible verse and I still remember it! Although I have lost my flexibility and gymnastics skills, I still love trying.

On our 2nd year in Mexico we found one of the only gym clubs in the city so I tried it out and it helped me to remember my abilities. I loved it even though I wasn't that good at it.


Now in Nicaragua it has been hard to find a gym club. So it makes practice difficult. I can't do the splits anymore, when a I do a cartwheel my leg muscles hurt and weird stuff like that.

My Dad has been watching a lot of youtube videos lately of a group of young Nicaraguan guys that can do flips and craziness. Dad has been watching them for at least a year and every time he does he says "I need to find these boys!"

Mother's day here is May 30th and at a poorer mall here (Plaza Las Americas), from time-to-time, there is folk dancing for families that go to the mall to watch and enjoy. Since it was mother's day, Mum HAD to go. So Mum, Dad, Jocasta, me, Lorenzy, Sezni, Rafael, and Billy got into the car and drove off.


Plaza Las Americas is at least an hour's drive away. The drive is always fast when Dad drives because he is a psycho driver! When we finally got there the mall was crowded. We were about to leave  to go to a friend's house, but decided to let the boys play and to eat at the mall.

The mall had a rock wall and some blow up castles for kids to play on. I went to sit down with Mum, Jocasta, Dad, and Lorenzy, and as soon as we sat down Mum said "hey look over there! I wonder what those guys are going to do... they look like they are warming up for something." As she finished 
speaking I looked up and two Nica guys started flipping in the mall! I was amazed!


Dad went over and asked if they wanted to work for the school because my Dad is just weird like that, and they accepted. They were the guys he was trying to stalk down. Dad brought them home and chatted with them and they both agreed with everything.

Three weeks have passed since that night, and they are still here, but nervously thinking of leaving forever. They need spiritual help but they are really good friends and now I can do some flips because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment