Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by ANNA: One Day in My Life!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

POST by ANNA: One Day in My Life!



LOOOOOK! A detailed explanation of my life!

I will give it to you straight in the form of a schedule!

Here is what I did yesterday

This is my room!

6:30- Woke up and got ready

The other side of my room...

7:00- Billy woke up so I got him ready for the day: “brush your teeth, let’s find some clothes to wear for the day” (Things like that) Depending on the day, sometimes I offer bribes of candy.

Ladies: I know you want to see my closet
 
7:30-Ate breakfast, yesterday I had a bowl of cereal and an egg

8:00- Group meeting with the staff, Jed and Liz, and all of the dancers





This is where we have our morning meetings

8:30- Prepared for my first class of students. I have between 2-8 students every day and I teach the class at the house where I live. It is more of a center where the students have areas where they take classes that is almost separate from the house.

The kids all come to the gate and knock, then we let them in (well, usually... ha ha)

9:00- English class! This week, we have been learning the days of creation all in English, so yesterday we learned about the sun, moon, and the stars. We have been doing a craft using construction paper, glue, scissors, and crayons to create a creation book that we will put together when we have completed all seven days of creation. Maybe on the seventh day, we will just rest all class. I think it could really drive the point home ;) 

This is where I have class. Normall the chairs are set up and not so depressing-looking.
 10:00- Prepared for my second class in Barrio Loco. The church that we go to has a “project” where they teach classes and have worship practice. The project is about a mile away from the house where I live.

10:40- I left to go and walked to the project. It is nice to have some time to myself to think and be outside.

11:00- English class for the other students! In this class, I have between 7-12 students all around the age of 10. I have a lot of fun at this class teaching songs, bible verses, grammar, and vocabulary.

Yesterday, we practiced “If You’re Happy and You Know It” and then did a little clothing vocabulary review by playing a game. I said “If you are wearing blue pants, stand up.” And “If you are wearing a belt, stand up.” They like the games a lot.

12:00- I walked back home, ate lunch, and played  with Billy, Brien and Oliver.

1:30- All the dancer boys and Jed and I went to the gym. We go Monday through Thursday normally. I worked out legs yesterday, in case you wanted to know.

The House




 4:00- I went on a run with Lorenzy, who is the daughter of the missionary couple that I am staying with. I have a lot of fun with her.

5:00- Dinner

6:00- We all piled into the car to go to the church to have “worship practice” but right now it is for the Christmas concert so we practiced a bunch of Christmas songs.

This is definitely Latin America because they told us first that practice would be at the house, then that practice would be at the church. So we got to the church and everyone said that they needed to be brought to the project. So Jed dropped us all off at the project with the intentions of bringing the rest of the people at the church to the project. But something must have happened in between because it was then decided that practice would indeed be at the church.

Just Hanging Out!

We were there for about two hours or so practicing. Although, I will be completely honest and say that I hung out outside a majority of the time and just came in for the songs that I am singing for the concert. We bought some soda and snacks while we were waiting and it was actually quite fun.

8:30- When we were all set to leave, Liz, Sezni (10) and I walked home.

Billy was already in bed by the time that I got back so I didn’t need to help him get ready for bed, which is what I usually do.

9:00- I went on facebook for a while and chatted with family and friends. I was pretty tired so I think I went to bed around 10:30.

And that was what I did yesterday!

The Tricking Area

No comments:

Post a Comment