Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by ANNA: Boom, shake, shake, shake the ROOM!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

POST by ANNA: Boom, shake, shake, shake the ROOM!



This blog slightly backpacks the last, considering the lack of luck I experience at times.
“BOOM.”

 “Aaaahhhhh!”

The stove just blew up.

Back in the United States, I love baking. Right before I moved to Nicaragua, I made a delicious pumpkin cheesecake and cooked chili, meatball subs, and homemade pizza. I really do love to cook.

Therefore, tonight, I thought it would be fun to make something sweet to eat. I perused a couple of recipe websites and found a recipe for cinnamon pound cake. This sounded delectable, and I didn’t need any complicated ingredients.

The recipe is here in case you want to check it out. It turned out great! 



Since there are very few measuring cups, I just used a drinking cup and a spoon to measure out the cups, teaspoons, and tablespoons. Everything was going well, one could even say things were going great.

I even remembered to preheat the oven before I started mixing everything together. Once the pan was prepared and all poured in, I looked at the oven and saw that it was no longer hot. I turned the gas while turning the knob for the oven temperature with the oven door open… (Don’t ask)…and you know what comes next “BOOM.”

This was approximately my face when I blew up the stove. Oops

Everyone came in because I may have screamed a little bit. I must have appeared quite scared because everyone looked at me like I was dead or had just lost my sight or something.

I didn’t think I seemed that scared until I realized that I was shaking afterwards. I could feel the heat on my cheeks, partly from the actual heat from the oven, and also the heat that is associated with doing something that makes a really loud noise and everyone comes to look at how silly you are.

Thankfully, the cake was quite delicious. To me, it was worth the explosion, but the question “Que te paso, Anna” was thrown around quite a bit. “What happened, Anna?!” I will never know.

Everyday things seem to be more difficult for me to do here.  I think this is probably one of the biggest things I am learning: letting go of my pride, learning to do things differently, and embracing who I am in Christ! And reaping the benefits: cinnamon pound cake. HA 

No comments:

Post a Comment