Read more: How to Add Meta Tags to a Blogger Blog | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4432068_add-meta-tags-blogger-blog.html#ixzz1dedpEYPR - Capital on the Edge -: POST by FRAN: Doing the Brien´s Dirty Work

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

POST by FRAN: Doing the Brien´s Dirty Work

Fran and Yader, performing domestic duties



We are used to cleaning our clothes by a washing machine and a dryer right? Well here we only have a washing machine and it doesn’t really get the clothes very clean… I am the wonderful person who has to do the washing and the first time I washed the clothes they came out dirtier than when I had put them in!

I had to come up with creative ways to get the clothes clean. I tried rewashing them in the washing machine, and it worked a little bit. I tried soaking the clothes in washing detergent and water and then washing them in the machine, but in doing this the clothes only got a really bad smell!

My friend came around to the lavandero (laundry) and saw me taking out a bunch of dirty clothes from the washing machine. She said “why are the clothes so dirty?” “I’m not really sure” was my response.  “Well why don’t you do this?” She grabbed a rather dirty t-shirt out of my hands and put it on the lavandero and applied some soap on it and started scrubbing with a hard bristle brush. Low and behold the dirt came off straight away!

I grabbed all the really dirty clothes, which were mainly jeans and white t-shirts. We both worked together. It was a lot of work but the clothes weren’t dirty anymore!

I started to do this more often and it was a lot of work but my arms are getting very strong.  My arms started getting into shape! The clothes looked really good… except for the white clothes. I needed to scrub a lot harder and ‘put my back into it!’ One day my mum saw me scrubbing really hard and said ¨why don’t you use Clorox?¨

I got a little bit of Clorox in the lid; I had bad experiences before, so I scrubbed the white clothes with the Clorox and then put them into the washing machine with a little more Clorox and walla! Clean!!

My chore, for 2012, was to wash all the clothes and at the beginning, I didn´t know how to do my chore - I had to learn on the job and I had to learn from other people. I was never alone while learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment